Monday, October 29, 2012

Today Is The Day I Got Schooled

Today was the day I got one hell of a lesson in German efficiency.
Now you may not think this is all that efficient but when you come from Ireland, where we have meetings about organizing a meeting, it's pretty damn impressive.

It was decided our apartment needed a cleaning rota. Perfectly reasonable, nothing odd there. So we sat down to discuss what would happen, who would do what etc etc. Still perfectly fine. Then it's mentioned that the entire flat should be cleaned before we implement the rota and BAM. Next thing I know I've half the fridge emptied and the place is in chaos (granted it was the good kind of 'it gets worse before it gets better' kind of chaos but still!)
So now I'm sitting in my lovely clean flat with everything immaculate instead of having the prospect of gutting the place looming over me like it would undoubtedly be like at home and I gotta say there's a lot to be said for just getting stuck in.

Tonight was also the first night I spent an extended period of time with all my German flatmates at once which was lovely. Unfortunately I finally realized how far I have to go with my German. If I was addressed directly I understood every word but anything other than that I was lost, so it was easier to not say much at all while everyone else chatted away.

I have to admit, tonight is the loneliest I've felt in a while.

1 comment:

  1. I went to Becka's last night before I went to Katie's, and her and Timon were just chatting away in German, and I was like "yeah I'm never gonna be able to do that". It sucks indeed.
    I hope you ate lots of chocolate and watched a happy film
    <3

    ReplyDelete