Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas Everyone

So it's been month since my last Blog post and I know you've all been craving an update from Planet ERASMUS.
In the last month I've traveled, partied, and just generally had the craic. However I will be recounting these exploits in bullet-point format for 2 reasons.
1. Bullet-points get more views
2. I'm so lazy that even typing a small block of text eludes me.

So this is what I've learned:

  • Zurich, though beautiful, will require you to take out a small loan to stay there for more than 5 hours.
  • If you go out the night before a trip only 1/3 of participants will get up on time and will ultimately have to make a mad dash for the bus.
  • Contrary to my previous opinion, Starbucks is awesome. (Starbucks English breakfast tea to be more specific.)
  • I may never get the Alpaca I so desperately want.
  • The German punctuality stereotype doesn't apply when it comes to rail travel.
  • Rice isn't all that bad.
  • A 2 liter bottle of wine deserves to be hugged.
  • If you're at an international meeting of minds in a Greek bar be prepared to drop €100.
  • Wine and hats go hand in hand.
  • The Nürnberg Christkindlesmarkt is pretty amazing and, most importantly, full of delicious food.
  • The view from Nürnberg Castle is well worth the climb. 
  • If it comes to a showdown between an DSLR camera and cobblestones the cobblestones will win. Every time.
  • The combination of standing for an hour on a train and drunk people will make Rhys a little homicidal. 
  • German in a Welsh accent can and will reduce me to tears.
  • Drunk people are insanely entertaining at long as you don't engage them directly.
  • After travelling for 8 hours there is no place nicer to be than your own bed.
Only a week after travelling to Nürnberg I traveled home. I guess I'm just a sucker for punishment as it was the single most stress-filled tear inducing trip I have ever taken. However as I sit in my bedroom on Christmas Eve typing this very blog post I know for a fact I would do it all over again to get home.

I wish each and every one of you a safe and Merry Christmas and I'll see you in the New Year for a whole host of new shenanigans

No comments:

Post a Comment